ABOUT THE BLACK CHURCH FOOD SECURITY NETWORK
Founded in 2015, the Black Church Food Security Network (BCFSN) is working to create Black-led food systems anchored by Black churches in partnership with Black farmers. Our work is rooted in the principles of Black food and land sovereignty. Therefore, we are not a food charity organization. We are a self-help organization that utilizes an asset-based community development model which leverages and maximizes the existing resources of the Black Church community. Through this approach, we are advancing health, wealth, and power for our people!
We currently work with farmers, churches, organizations, and seminaries in Ohio, Maryland, Washington D.C, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Indiana, Tennessee and Texas.
The Financial Accounting and Fundraising Director will develop financial processes that support the strategic vision of the Black Church Food Security Network. This is an executive level position that will work as a member of the Core Team and report to the Executive Director.
The Director of Finance and Administration position is full-time (40 hours per week) salaried position.
- Leading our organization’s budgeting process, financial forecasting, and cash flow analysis for administration, existing programs, and Covenant partners
- Manage budget and expenses related to BCFSN programs and initiatives
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reporting materials and performance metrics for BCFSN’s core team and advisory committee
Development & Fundraising
- Develop and executes donor, sponsorship and/or fundraising plans and campaigns
- Identifies, secures, and manages funder and donor relationships; analyzes and assess background information; conducts site visits; solicits and develop fundraising proposals; determines appropriate funding levels and monitor active grants and produce progress reports
- Create a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Track foundational and individual donor contributions
- Knowledge of and willingness to learn about food systems, Black food sovereignty, and the Black freedom struggle
- Familiar with and has relationships in the field of food, land, community organizing, faith, and social justice.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and Google software (excel, word, google docs, etc)
- Strong track record in financial management and accounting
- Strong track record in grants management
PREFERRED CHARACTERISTICS & SKILLS
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities on different timelines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple ongoing projects
- Ability to manage time efficiently and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team and to accept constructive criticism
- Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Who is the Employer?: Fusion Partnerships (fiscal sponsor of BCFSN)
Start date & duration: Position starts August 2020, and is 40 hours per week.
Compensation: The total compensation is $50,000, paid in bi-weekly installments at the middle and end of each calendar month, via Fusion Group’s payroll system.
Benefits and overtime: Benefits are available with this position, but overtime is not.
Review: Position is subject to quarterly reviews by the BCFSN’s executive leadership.
Fusion Partnerships is an Equal Opportunity Employer that fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national orgin, veteran status, disability, generic information or testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, and gender identity and expression and prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer of the governement, or against any individuals who assist or practice in the investiagaion or any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com with “Financial Accounting and Fundraising Director” in the subject line.